Dr Timothy P Barber
- 1996. Princeton University, PhD, Mathematics.
- 1991. University of Virginia, BA, Philosophy/Physics.
Cryptocurrency. Secure protocols. Generalized AI.
- ₲ 2017-2018.
Creator of Gilder.
Gilder is a crypto metaledger that contains no private data, at all.
Assets (coins) secured on the ledger become ideally suited for standard
real-world financial functions such as insurance, escrow, lending,
auditing, and trusteeship.
- 2011-2017. Director of Machine Cognition at 2AI Labs.
At 2AI I diagnose the algorithms that underlie the uniquely human capacity for abstract reasoning.
Creator of Kount Inc and what we now call device fingerprinting.
The platform has evolved into the real-time risk-assessment AI solution used by acquiring banks, payment processors, and thousands of household name online merchants.
$80 million stake sold to CVC Capital in 2015.
Creator of ClickSales Inc and what we now call smart contracts in pay-per-sale marketing.
The platform has enabled hundreds of thousands of online marketers and merchants to trust each other in the anonymous, borderless online environment. Sales to date in excess of $3 billion.
Scientist at IDA-CCR.
The NSA task force noted in the film "A Beautiful Mind".
Scientist at NSA.
- 1987-1991. University of Virginia.
(w Lawrence Thomas),
(w Paul Humphreys),
- 08/10/2015 Method for othogonalizing signals detecting blood oxygenation and blood volume
- 08/05/2014 Identifying and marketing to a user device involved in an online transaction
- 06/11/2013 Method for fast component enumeration in graphs with implicit edges
- 05/28/2013 Secure transfer of value via electronic stamp
- 04/16/2013 Secure, closed-loop electronic transfer of money
- 10/23/2012 Method and system For creation And verification of anonymous digital credentials
- 04/03/2012 Proxy piercing for identifying address of and marketing to a user device involved in an online transaction
- 03/27/2012 Collecting information regarding consumer click-through traffic
- 03/20/2012 Establishing unique sessions for DNS subscribers
- 09/20/2011 Method for secure, closed-loop money transfer via electronic mail
- 06/07/2011 Establishing unique sessions for DNS subscribers
- 05/03/2011 Online machine data collection and archiving process
- 07/09/2009 Method and System for Creation and Validation of Anonymous Digital Credentials
- 06/23/2009 Method for billing for services delivered over a computer network
- 02/12/2009 System and method for establishing unique sessions for DNS subscribers
- 11/27/2008 System and Method for Centrally Collecting Real-Time Information Regarding Consumer Click-Through Traffic
- 02/12/2008 Online machine data collection and archiving process
- 02/19/2002 Architecture for access over a network to pay-per-view information
- 09/11/2001 Method and architecture for multi-level commissioned advertising on a computer network
- 12/05/2000 Bandwidth-preserving method of charging for pay-per-access information on a network
- 07/27/1999 Method of charging for pay-per-access information over a network
- 04/28/1998 Method and apparatus for efficient threshold inference